Schedule a Visit
We welcome and thank you for your interest in visiting Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta. We are located at 442 14th Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30318. Our tours last approximately 30 minutes and require an appointment. Please allow at least 3 business days in advance so that we can ensure a host/hostess will be available.
The Visit to the Masjid Will Include:
1. A tour of the masjid, discussing the architecture and role of the Masjid in traditional and contemporary community life.
2. An orientation to the basic beliefs of Islam and the demographics of the Muslim’s in Atlanta.
3. Basic Islamic terminology will be introduced to enhance the educational experience.
4. The group may observe one of our five daily prayers (depending on timing)
5. The visitors will take part in an open discussion with a question and answer period with the tour leader.
What is a Mosque (Masjid)?
The Masjid is a central location for congregational prayer and community services. Our services include a 5 daily prayers, library, education center, private school, recreational areas, and areas for social events/activities.
The Masjid is also a central hub for religious gatherings which include our Friday sermon (Jummah) and marriage ceremonies. Many Masjid’s also provide counseling for both religious and non-religious affairs.
What to Wear?
Men and women should wear loose fitting clothing and cover their body except hands, face and feet.
Women are required to cover their hair with a scarf. For smaller groups, scarfs are available upon request.
Structure of the Masjid
Upon entering the Masjid, you will be asked to remove your shoes, so we can maintain the cleanliness of our prayer space. Please feel free to carry/wear a pair of socks as several areas are constructed with tile floors.
We thank you for your interest in visiting Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your trip an enjoyable experience.