Friday, September 20, 2019
21 Muharram 1441
Saturday, September 21, 2019
22 Muharram 1441
Al-Farooq Masjid442 14th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Al-Farooq Masjid is a nonprofit, non-political, religious organization with its headquarters located in Atlanta, Georgia. It is not affiliated or subordinate to any organization either inside or outside the U.S. The organization is operated and maintained by those who believe in the unity of Allah and the Last Day, establish Salah, practice Zakah and fear none except Allah (SWT). The goals and missions include: 1. Serving the best interest of Islam and needs of Muslim community of metro-Atlanta, 2. Helping the international Muslim community of Atlanta to carry out activities in pursuance of Islam as a complete way of life, 3. Providing a place of worship to carry on religious, educational and other Islamic activities, 4. Presenting Islam to the followers of other faiths and promoting goodwill between Muslims and non-Muslims (Dawah), 5. Performing last prayer for the deceased members of Islamic faith, 6. Assisting the Muslim community in all forms of local Islamic needs such as guidance on marriage ceremonies, funeral arrangements and burial services.
The operations of the organizations are based on well-established documents of Ahl al-Sunnah wal Jama’ah: The Quran, Ahadith books (e.g., Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Nasai, etc.), Ijma-ul-Ummah, consensus of companions, and Islamic scholars. Al-Farooq Masjid is a sound organization, and it is incorporated and registered with appropriate government agencies as a non-profit, religious organization. It fulfills its goals and mission via several functional units such as the main Mosque, Islamic schools, and other mosques.
The management of Al-Farooq Masjid units is organized at two levels.
1. Board of Trustees: The Board of Trustees is the main governing body of the organization with the basic responsibility of safeguarding the trust consisting of all tangible and intangible assets. In addition, the Board is responsible for establishing broad principles and policies for the operation of various units. In consultation with the community, the Board selects a number of management directors and appropriate committees to handle the day-to-day operations management.
2. Council of Directors: The council is responsible for the day-to-day management of various units. They are:
- Director of Al-Farooq Masjid(including Dar-ul-Uloom)
- Director of Dar-un-Noor School
- Director of Masjid Omar Bin Abdul Aziz
- Director of Public Relations
- Director of Women’s Committee
- Director of Social/Cultural Activities
- Director of Physical Facilities
- Director of Youth Development Activities
- Directors at Large
- Religious Affairs Committee exists, lead by our Imam
Please write a check to “Al-Farooq Masjid” and either put it within a donation box at the masjid or mail it to:Al-Farooq Masjid
442 14th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Darul Uloom of Atlanta now enrolling 2019-2020
And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!";”