Friday, April 16, 2021
4 Ramadan 1442
Saturday, April 17, 2021
5 Ramadan 1442
Al-Farooq Masjid442 14th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Day of Ashura - 10th of MuharramPosted on Monday, August 24, 2020 10:52 am
InshaAllah the 10th day of Muharram (Day of Ashura) will be Saturday, August 29th. The preferred Sunnah is to fast the day of Ashura and before or the day after with it.
Ibn Abbas (ra) said:
“I do not know Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) singling out any day's fast and considering it more excellent than another, except this day (the Day of Ashura) and this month, meaning the month of Ramadan. (Muslim)
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) also said,
“For fasting the Day of Ashura, I hope that Allah will accept it as expiation for the previous year.”* (Muslim)
Before the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) left this world, he expressed his desire, that if is alive next year, he would fast a day before or the day after the Day of Ashura.
60. Islam's Mission StatementPosted on Monday, August 24, 2020 10:43 am
49. Those Who Have BrainsPosted on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 8:31 pm
45. Epistemic ResponsibilityPosted on Sunday, August 9, 2020 12:44 pm
42. Competing Moral ValuesPosted on Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:03 pm
39. The Unseen and the SeenPosted on Sunday, August 2, 2020 8:11 pm
37. Islam Is All About Truth and JusticePosted on Saturday, August 1, 2020 6:25 am
Photos from Eid Al-Adha (2020)Posted on Friday, July 31, 2020 6:20 pm
36. What Is Islam's MottoPosted on Friday, July 31, 2020 4:24 pm
Congregation for Eid-ul-Adha Salah at Al-Farooq Masjid of AtlantaPosted on Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:19 pm
Alhamdulillah, Ed-ul-Adha is on Friday, July 31, 2020 and as per the Shariah guidelines, it is Wajib (necessary) on individuals to establish EID Salah collectively. With the help of Allah and from the help of volunteers, we are planning to establish the Salah at Al-Farooq Masjid with the following:
- There will be 4 congregations
- 50-70 people will be allowed a time on first come first serve basis
- Children under 10 and individuals above 65 of age or with pre-existing conditions will not be allowed.
- Come with Masks
- Bring your own personal prayer rug
- Maintain 6 feet distance at all times
- Be ready to get your temperature checked at the entry point
- Sign the Questionnaire and pledge form to waive the liability of the Masjid
- Leave the Masjid premises immediately after Salah
Eid Salah Location:
Parking lot (open area) basement of the parking on the back of Dar-un-Noor Academy.
Eid Salah Timings:
- 1st Jama’ah: 7:30am
- 2nd Jama’ah: 8:0am
- 3rd Jama’ah: 8:30am
- 4th Jama’ah: 9:00am
Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta will open its premises for Eid-ul-Adha in limited form and happy to welcome all congregants for Eid Salah Congregation. The actual building will remain closed. Therefore, all congregants, participants, and visitors are required to follow the guidelines and must fill the questionnaire before entering the Masjid premises. All are requested to print the questionnaire and Masjid waiver form at home, fill it, and submit to our volunteers at the time of entry.
33. God is Beautiful and He Loves BeautyPosted on Monday, July 27, 2020 8:08 pm
32. The Dawn and the Ten NightsPosted on Sunday, July 26, 2020 8:04 pm
Eid ul Adha - Friday, July 31Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:44 am
InshaAllah Eid ul Adha will be on Friday, July 31. Please continue to check our website for Eid Salah updates.
1st of Dhu'l-Hijjah (July 22)
9th of Dhu'l-Hijjah/Day of Arafat (Evening of Wed., July 29 to Evening of Thurs., July 30)
Fasting on the day of Arafah for non-pilgrims is a highly recommended Sunnah which entails a great reward:
"Fasting on the Day of Arafah expiates the sins of the past year and the coming year." (Muslim)
21. The Go-Between Lady = Nafeesa Bint Munayya (RA)Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 3:43 pm
Masjid Activities SuspendedPosted on Friday, July 10, 2020 9:05 pm
Unfortunately, due to rise in Covid-19 cases in Georgia and Mayor’s executive order to rollback city’s reopening plans to phase 1, Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta will remain closed until further notice. Allactivities including Jama’ah (congregation) for Jumu’ah Salah and five times daily payers are suspended till further notice. We will keep updating if there is any change in the decision.
Please write a check to “Al-Farooq Masjid” and either put it within a donation box at the masjid or mail it to:Al-Farooq Masjid
442 14th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.”